San Francisco !

Yesterday I finally moved into my newly rented apartment in San Francisco. It is a small bachelor apartment(or studio as they call it in the US), but I think it will suit me just fine. The view from the balcony (I'm on the 27th floor) is absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately San Francisco is often foggy, so I usually can't see very far. I really like the place so far; and it feels great finally living in a place of my own. Surprisingly, I even feel motivated to keep it clean; this never happened to me before. Am I maturing ?

Yesterday I also made a trip to Wal-Mart to purchase various products that are essential for living. It's incredible how much stuff there is ! Anything from forks and spoons, to shower curtain and garbage bin. I spent nearly $150, and will probably need to make another two or three trips.

Right now the apartment feels somewhat empty. Out of furniture I just have an air-mattress, and computer desk. Not even a chair to sit on. Hopefully this will change over the coming months.

Here are the pictures of the apartment:






Note: There is a large built-in closet that you don't see. Its large enough to for all my clothes, etc, so that at least there won't be any shelves or other closets in the room.

Update: A valid question in the comment was "Where are the pictures of view?" Hm.. yeah. Unfortunately it was a bit a bit foggy on sunday, and in addition to that, I don't want to post it until I learn how to shoot a good panoramic picture with my camera. Since I'm not home during sunlight hours on mon-fri, this will have to wait till Saturday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice. What about a picture with the view? By the way, the motivation to keep the place clean will soon go away unless you make a good effort. There is a certain critical mass of dirt, beyond which the clean-up gets postponed indefinitely.

Vlad (TO)
It was kinda foggy this past weekend, so I was unable to get a good picture. I will try next saturday(Unfortunately I'm never home during daylight hours on mon-fri)

Popular posts from this blog

The wonders of photography...

Trip to Santa Barbara and Los Angeles

GMail - Is 1 Gig really enough?