Looking for an apartment in San Francisco

Well, I'm about a month away from moving to San Francisco, CA and today I finally started looking for an apartment. To tell you the truth: it isn't easy, even with great resources such as www.housingmaps.com(merge of Google Maps and Craigslist) and www.apartmentratings.com.

Basically I'm looking for a 1 room studio that is located within 10 minute walking distance of this location (Civic Station BART). There are many available studios in that area, however most of them either require a year long lease, or are really expensive (expensive as in $400-500/week). Normally a year long lease wouldn't be a problem, but since I can't visit the apartment(I'm currently in Toronto) before signing the lease, it might be a big gamble.

Thus, after thinking about this for a bit I came to the conclusion that it's probably a better idea to pay extra for one month rather than commit myself to a year long lease. And so, my current plan is to live at Ansonia Hotel (thanks to RJ for recommendation) for a few weeks, and during that time look for a more long term placement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wonders of photography...

Trip to Santa Barbara and Los Angeles

GMail - Is 1 Gig really enough?