Paul van Dyk at Guvernment

Last night(June 24) me and a few friends went to see DJ Paul van Dyk(Ranked number 2 DJ in the world) perform at Guvernment nightclub in Toronto. I didn't go to the party with many expections. First of all I was worried that Guvernment would be overpacked with people(it's usually impossible to move, forget dance - that's how packed it gets), but most importantly I was worried that Paul van Dyk would play the same set he played 2 months earlier in Montreal, and everywhere in general for the past 6 months.

To my big surprise Guvernment wasn't overpacked and Paul van Dyk played a completely new set. Not sure why people didn't come for Paul van Dyk, after all PVD is as popular as Tiesto here in Canada, and Tiesto's party two weeks earlier had way more people.

Paul van Dyk played mostly hard driving techno and tech-trance. Not much emotional banging Trance that he is well known for. My friends were somewhat dissapointed since they expected more melodies. I was actually quite happy with the set, since it was a good refreshment from a typical Paul van Dyk. Paul played for almost 3 hours.

This was definitely a great party. Possibly the best party at Guvernment yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wonders of photography...

Trip to Santa Barbara and Los Angeles

GMail - Is 1 Gig really enough?